Business French Summer School at HEC Montréal Business School

Business French Summer School at HEC Montréal Business School Logo

Basic Information

Address: 3000 Chemin de la Côte-Sainte-Catherine, Montréal (Québec) H3T 2A7 - Canada
Phone Number: 514 340-6000 - Ext. 2234
Director/Owner: Dr. Federico Pasin

Action Shots

Business French Summer School at HEC Montréal Business School
Business French Summer School at HEC Montréal Business School
Business French Summer School at HEC Montréal Business School
Business French Summer School at HEC Montréal Business School

* Click each thumbnail for a larger version.

Additional Information

Ages: From 18 years of age

Founded in 1642 by the French, today Montreal is considered to be the second largest French-speaking city in the world after Paris. The largest city in Quebec, Montreal is the cultural and business centre of the Province. HEC Montréal campus is situated on the northern slope of the magnificent Mount Royal Park, only a few short minutes away by Métro (subway) from downtown Montreal.

School Schedule (Hours in Day): 9:15 a.m. - 12 :15 p.m. | 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.

HEC Montréal Campus

School Size: More than 15,180 students at the undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate levels
Classroom Size: 16
Student/Teacher Ratio: 16

$ 1,875 CA

Financial Aid:


Languages used as a Medium of Teaching: French
Credit Available: 3 university credits
Course Levels: From total beginner to advanced
Experience Required:

No prior knowledge in French or Business required

Percentage of Graduating Class: 98%
Support Services:

Access to Sports Center

Computer Capabilities:

None required

Parking Spaces/Availability:


Admissions Requirements:

To be at least 18 years of age. Online registration open to all: senior high students, undergraduates, graduates and professionals

Admissions Deadline: June 17
Application Process:

Must be 18 years of age and over. Online registration only.

Mission Statement:

Mastering French can represent a major asset and will multiply your chances in today’s job market within your country of origin or internationally.

Philosophy/Belief Statement:

Be part of a Summer School in French geared towards a wide international student body, attending a program that promotes intercultural relationships and understanding that will all add up to a memorable experience.

School History:

Founded in 1907, the École des hautes études commerciales de Montréal, better known today as HEC Montréal, was the first business school established in Canada. HEC Montréal was also the first university business school in North America to be awarded the three most prestigious accreditations in its field: AACSB International, EQUIS and AMBA. Fewer than 1% of all business schools around the world hold these three international accreditations.

Program Highlights:

- This unique 3-university credit French immersion program, designed by HEC Montréal Business Language Training Center, is open to all Canadian and international participants (undergraduates, graduates, and professionals) whatever their level in French (from Novice (level 0) to Intermediate/Advanced (level 4) and does NOT require any prior knowledge in Business or French. Participants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Emphasis will be placed on the four language skills: reading (vocabulary), writing (grammar), listening and speaking.
- Numerous outings and activities also form an integral part of this program: company and cultural visits, communication workshops, sports activities, to name a few.

Travel/Living Accommodations:
Notes/School Information:

Every summer, we are happy to welcome in this French immersion program participants from over 20 countries worldwide.

There is only a limited number of spots in our Business French Summer School (BFSS), so we encourage you to register online ASAP if you would like to join us this summer.

Online Registration:

If you do register in our BFSS, you will have two (2) payment options (payment by Visa, MasterCard or American Express - Secure server):

  • Payment Option #1: Payment in full (100%) upon registration


  • Payment Option #2: Payment #1: 25% of total amount upon registration - Payment #2: Remaining 75% to be made by June 17 (Registration Deadline)

Upon your full payment (100%), we will e-mail you a Letter of Acceptance into the program and your Student Guide. This Letter of Acceptance is an official document that you will use to apply for a Tourist visa to come to Canada if you need one. Check our FAQ section on our website about visas and other matters related to this BFSS.

We hope to count you as one of our many Canadian and international participants this summer at HEC Montréal Business School.